What kinds of Third Party Final Inspections for Garments do we have? We mostly do:
- Initial Production Check
- During Production Check
- Pre-Shipment Inspection
- Final Random Inspection
- Container Loading Supervision
- Production Monitoring
- Random Product Sampling
- Factory Audit and Social Audit
As an example, the inspection protocols would normally like this:
- Check the Care label content and symbols-1pc for each size each reference, the content match with the client’s requirement and fabric composition.
- Needle Damage check - Pull the seams by hand in toughly force and check if there is any needle hole caused by the sewing machine.
- Check how the garments are folded and show finished folded dimensions of the garments
- Washing test using soap, no color fading.
- Shrinkage check.
- Perform metal detecting test.
- Zipper test - pull through the rivets/zipper/ Velcro and snap it should be resistant-The zip should lock when it closed - The zip should not open from the middle - the stress should be focus on the bartack-20 pcs
- Symmetric check - check if the right/left leg, sleeves, pocket design are symmetric - check if the garment twist and measure the difference if found.
- Check percentage statements for each kind of fiber in a garment.
- Hanger check if there is a hanger on the item-The hanger should be same as the approved sample and should not be damaged or distorted in any way.
- Check the net weight for sweater garments.
- Fitting on a model or a doll, If no mannequin available, ask someone to wear his (her) size, and see if it fits well and without any issues.
- Humility check.
- Smell check for offensive odors.
An example of the garment pre-shipment inspection ->Measurement Chart: