What do you check in 3rd party pre-shipment inspections for apparel products?
- Packaging, labels and markings
- Thread ends
- Rub test
- Fabric defects checking
- Special requirements & on-site testing
- Customer's specs
- Color differences and shifting
- Stain, mould, odor and insects
- Foreign objects like broken pins, human hairs
There are below inspection services for apparels:
- Check the Care label content and symbols-1pc for each size each reference,
the content match with the client’s requirement and fabric composition.
- Needle Damage check - Pull the seams by hand in toughly force and check if there is any needle hole caused by the sewing machine - perform this test on all the seams -double check and take a picture especially for” waistband, leg hem, pocket seam, front and back rise...” -If needle damage holes were found, then the sample size increase to S4 record how many pcs with needle damage were found from the sample size S3
- Check how the garments are folded and show finished folded dimensions of the garments--Check once only
- Washing test using soap, no color fading.
- Perform metal detecting test
- Zipper test - pull through the rivets/zipper/ Velcro and snap it should be resistant-The zip should lock when it closed - The zip should not open from the middle - the stress should be focus on the bartack-20 pcs
- Symmetric check - check if the right/left leg, sleeves, pocket design are symmetric - check if the garment twist and measure the difference if found
- Check percentage statements for each kind of fiber in a garment.
- Hanger check if there is a hanger on the item-The hanger should be same as the approved sample and should not be damaged or distorted in any way.
- Check the net weight for sweater garments (unit: lbs per dozen). Check 3 pieces per size.
- Fitting on a model or a doll, If no mannequin available ask someone to wear his (her) size and insert picture of front, back and side-Should fit perfectly to the model and have the same effect than client pictures.
** ALL LINING DO NOT HANG OUT OF SELF FABRIC WHEN THE GARMENT IS WEARING
- Feeling by hand to check if the fabric with humidity.
- Perform a check the smell of fabric/garment is BAD?