What is Quality Management?
Category: Share; Updated on: 2019-04-18 17:31:23; Views: 1129
Quality management ensures that an organization, product or service is consistent. It has four main components:
Quality management is focused not only on product and service quality, but also on the means to achieve it.
There are many methods for quality improvement. These cover product improvement, process improvement and people based improvement.
Quality management is responsible to assure that an organization maintains a desired level (acceptable quality level) of organizational excellence in its processes output products and services, which provide required value to its customers and clients.
Value is measured in eight dimensions.
- Performance—Intended functionality;
- Reliability—Failure rate;
- Durability—Product lifetime;
- Serviceability—Ease of maintenance and repair;
- Aesthetics—Subjective product dimensions;
- Features—Competitive satisfiers;
- Perceived quality—Reputation;
- Conformance to standards Quality management must perform four main functions to achieve organizational excellence.